sexta-feira, 23 de novembro de 2012

Roosevelt

i like this: ''There's a great quote that saved me this past year by Theodore Roosevelt. A lot of people refer to it as the "Man in the Arena" quote. And it goes like this: "It is not the critic who counts. It is not the man who sits and points out how the doer of deeds could have done things better and how he falls and stumbles. The credit goes to the man in the arena whose face is marred with dust and blood and sweat. But when he's in the arena, at best he wins, and at worst he loses, but when he fails, when he loses, he does so daring greatly." 

A poem about shame
SHAME

Shame - take your shame I don’t need it
Take your criticism - given in a fit
You’ve shamed till I had no sense of self
You taught me I have no self worth - I am not worth one penny’s wealth
Your criticisms have told me - for you I can never do it good enough
And there were no “I love you’s” and all that other neat stuff
Telling me I was stupid and dumb
Made me fell like I would only be good company for a lowly bread crumb
All I ever wanted was to be accepted just for me
But you took that me away - and left me being a somebody I didn’t want to be
I became a people pleaser just for you
And even for you - that just wouldn’t do
You spanked me even when I was right
I felt there were times - you only wanted me out of sight
Even When I told the truth - you didn’t believe
It was only recently - the loss of my childhood I’ve been able to grieve
So take back your criticisms and shame
I wasn’t very good at it - it was a no win game
And while you’re at it - take back your blame - your guilt
There were no comfort for me - I would have much rather had - a nice soft quilt
Your shame, your guilt - made it hard for me to smile
I never felt comfortable laughing all that while
I needed your approval - when I was a little boy and to you I said “look daddy, look at what I have done”
Do you remember daddy - I was that little boy - the one you’d shun
Little Tommy will never be able to forgive you dad
These memories make Big Tom........sad
You are responsible for those mean, harsh, ugly words spoken
You are responsible for Little Tom’s heart broken
Yet I wish to put all that in the past
There’s a new me I’m building - and I want this Big Tom to last
My broken heart I’ve been able to mend
And these words of forgiveness to you I send
It is you dad I now forgive
For without this forgiveness - my life will be difficult to go on and live
I Love You Dad

Thomas Knudson

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário